Recommended For Parents
- Parenting on the Same Page – it’s possible! This excellent article from The Parenting Place talks about the importance, and possibilities, of parenting ‘together’. Well worth a read!
- This is an interesting article from The Parenting Place that might be useful for parents or grandparents How to talk to your child about: Bullying
- Focus on the Family - Disciplining your Child with Grace
- Do Family Dinners Matter? Watch this excellent clip from family First on the importance of Family Meals together.
- The power of curiosity, connection and ice cream | Parenting Place
- Should Christian Families include Santa Claus at Christmas
- An excellent collection of Faith at Home Resources
- Tips for when the kids don’t want to go to bed
- Talking about Summer Holidays and good decisions
- How to talk about: anything – ideas on how to talk about the tricky topics with your kids
- How to talk about social mediaHow to talk to your kids about: future uncertainty
- How to talk about: Sex, porn and technology (an excellent article for parents and grandparents)
- School Struggles – What should parents do?
- What parents need to know before their child starts using social media
- The importance of parents in the growing faith in children
- Staycations – Embracing the slow and simple
- The Parenting Place on Strengthening Relationships under Pressure
- How to talk about: making friends (in real life)
- How to talk about: Waitangi Day
- Looking for a devotion for your kids? This page might help.
- Ten Things We Can Do at Home – Why not try one of these once a week?
- Talking about back to school anxiety
- Discipleship at Home: Four ideas – an excellent article on how to start out in guiding your family
- Catching a God-Sized Vision for your Family – Rob and Amy Rienow (Focus on the Family)
- Parenting a perfectionist child
- Screen Time – How bad is it?
- Parenting for Faith Here are some ideas to help you build faith in your home
- What do grandparents and grandkids have in common? A podcast from Mark Holmen, author of Faith at Home
- Survive and Thrive in Term Four
- Parent Makeover by Faith at Home author Mark Holmen. (Good to listen to a podcast while driving)
- Helping Your Children Become Best Friends
God places a high priority on sibling relationships and Satan wants to destroy them. In this episode Brian Siewert talks with parenting expert Rob Rienow about how parents can help their children heal from conflict and become best friends in Christ
Perspective on Doing Life with Adult Children – an excellent podcast produced by the author of Faith at Home, Mark Holmen. If you have an adult child, you know that parenting doesn’t stop when a child reaches the age of eighteen. In many ways, it gets more complicated. Both your heart and your head are as involved as ever, whether your child lives under your roof or rarely stays in contact. In this podcast Brian Siewert talks with parenting expert Jim Burns to gain perspective on how to navigate the toughest and the most rewarding parts of parenting grown kids.
Teaching your Children about Sex - Even though most parents did not receive healthy Biblical sex education from their parents, all studies show that the more positive, healthy, sex education taught from home, the less promiscuous and confused our kids will be. In this episode, Brian Siewert talks with parenting expert Jim Burns about how to teach our children the Purity Code and what to teach our kids from age 3 through the teen years.
Perspectives On Grandparenting - In this episode Pastor Mark Holmen interviews Larry Fowler who is the founder of the the Legacy Coalition (https://www.legacycoalition.com/) which has become a powerful movement that is helping grandparents across the US and world to become more intentional with a renewed purpose for their role as spiritual influences in the lives of their grandchildren. This episode will inspire, motivate and equip grandparents with grandchildren of any age, stage or walk in life.
- An excellent article about talking to your children about body image, useful for anyone who needs fresh thinking around how they think about their body.
- Parenting in the 21st Century - an excellent four part series on parenting, well worth it!
- An excellent article for parents to consider - Should my child go on a sleepover?
- Bless one another
- Blessing_Ephesians-A4 2up
- Blessing_Ephesians-A4 4up
- Blessing_Numbers-A4 2up
It’s just a phase, so don’t miss it – inspiring video for parents
- Here are a few resources from the Parenting Place that you might find interesting…
- Firm but Fair – managing behaviour before it gets out of hand
- How to survive lockdown with a teenager Sharing the love – spreading yourself around your bubble
- Three Ways to soothe struggles between siblings
- Tips for Long Car Trip
- Why Take a Family Holiday
- Conversation Starters (for those long trips)
- Family Life have some very inspiring articles on Marriage and Parenting
if you would like to know more.
Please email Mike (Assistant Pastor) - mike @taupobaptist. org.nz
Or Tim (Children's Ministry Leader) - email@example.com